We are planning to open the building for worship beginning on Sunday, June 7th. We will have one worship service Sunday morning at 10:30 AM. At this time, there will not be Sunday morning Bible Classes, Sunday Evening services or Wednesday evening Bible classes.
The elders strongly encourage you not to attend this service if you are an “at risk” individual. The CDC says individuals who meet any of the following conditions are at higher risk for severe illness from COVID 19:
- 65 or older
- People who live in nursing homes or long term care facilities
- People who have chronic lung disease,
- Moderate to severe asthma.
- Serious heart conditions
- Severe obesity (BMI of 40 or higher)
- People with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
- Liver disease
- People that are immuno-compromised
The elders also request that you do not attend this service if you are sick or have any symptoms related to COVID-19 or if you have been around someone who has COVID-19. Some symptoms associated with COVID-19 are:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
NOTE: In the case that you are unable to attend, you will still be able to access new worship videos every Sunday via Facebook and YouTube.
In an effort to maximize safety for those who attend, the elders request that you:
- Wear a mask
- Sanitize your hands
- Refrain from sitting in closed pews: There will be blue tape on the floor and signs indicating which pews are closed. We will be using every other pew in order to keep 6 feet of distance.
- Spread out and use the entire seating area in the auditorium
- Sit with your family group if applicable
- Maintain 6 feet of distance in your pew between yourself or your family and other individuals or families
- Refrain from hugging, handshaking, or otherwise physically contacting each other
Additionally, in concern for safety:
- Temperatures will be taken using a non-contact Infrared (IR) thermometer
- Pre-packaged single-serve use communion supplies will be placed in designated seating areas by a designated person (Damon or designate) who will be using gloves. Used and unused communion supplies will be collected after services by Damon or designate who will be wearing gloves
- Collection plates will not be passed. A box will be provided in the foyer where you would drop your offering. Also, the elders encouraged on-line giving if you are able.
- Members will enter the main door and will leave through the side doors in the auditorium.
Thank you for your cooperation with these requests. We look forward to seeing you this Lord’s day.