Save the dates…
- Sept 28, 2021: the Lunch Bunch will be gathering at Los Portales located at 10244 Central Ave., Montclair, at 11:30 AM. Los Portales is in the same parking lot as the Pancakes R Us restaurant. We had a total of 14 people who enjoyed the last luncheon fellowship and hope YOU can join us this Tuesday!
- October 16, 2021: 3rd Saturday Community Outreach at Liberty Park just north of the church building at 11860 Telephone Ave, from 10:00 – 2:00. Please see Reuben or Roma Lacuata or Karen Burton for more information.
- October 22-24, 2021: The Oakhurst (Yosemite) Ladies Retreat will resume this year. More info to follow!
- October 31, 2021: Deadline for the birthing kit assembly items. Please bring your contribution to the building by this
date. See announcement regarding birthing kits below.
A Service Opportunity
BIRTHING KITS TO INDIA
Once again, we have the opportunity to supply much needed birthing kits. There will be a sign up sheet posted with all the items needed. Once posted, please choose an item that you can contribute and plan on attending our Kit Assembly day on Saturday, November 6th, at 10:00 am, (WE NEED PEOPLE TO HELP)! The supplies need to be at the building by October 31st.
Please pray for this work in India that their outreach will result in lives saved, both mothers and infants and provide the opportunity for the mothers to come to know Jesus Christ as their Savior. If you have any questions, then please see Roma Lacuata.
LORD HEAR OUR PRAYER
…but prayer was being made earnestly to God for him by the church. Acts 12:5
- Gaby Bailey-Juarez: Gaby is resting at home, recovering from her Liver & Kidney Transplant.
- Leota Jackson fell and broke her hip and is residing at Montclair Royale in Montclair. Also, remember Leota in your prayers for the recent passing of her husband, John.
- Vince and Dodie Ellingson, former members at Chino, now reside in Kalispell, MT. Dodie is in a memory care facility and Vince is in the hospital due to a recent fall on his new artificial knee. It got infected and they are removing it to replace with another one. He is looking at a 3 month hospital stay.
- Randy Proffitt, Danny Proffitt’s nephew, has completed his radiation for the cancer that is wrapped around his spinal cord. He is no longer a candidate for any further radiation. He is now receiving chemo therapy for the cancer that is in both lungs and chest cavity. Danny and Cindy covet your prayers not only for Randy’s physical well being, but more importantly his spiritual.
- Glenn McCoy, former Elder at the State College congregation, is in a nursing care facility and is struggling.
- Tom Brown, Bob Mellard’s brother-in-law who lives in Little Rock, Arkansas, is suffering from seizures and is recovering at home.
- Mildred Hamilton is struggling with health issues and has recently had a couple of falls. Phone calls are welcome and she can have visitors, but you need to make an appointment with Oakmont where she resides.
- Dave Board, ORPHAN’S LIFELINE CEO AND CO-FOUNDER, has been diagnosed with a form of lymphoma and is currently undergoing treatment in Kalispell, MT. Prayers have been requested for Dave, his family and Orphan’s Lifeline in this difficult time. Cards and other forms of encouragement can be mailed to: P.O. Box 1100, Kalispell, MT. 59903.
- Nichole Tatum, Deja Brunel’s Dental Hygienist, has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy.
- John Clement, Anne Rupel’s brother, is having difficulties after a surgery. Anne has asked for prayers for John, his family, and his doctors.
- Linda and Joshua Ankiah, who are missionaries in South Africa, with two children, Leah and Luke. They are experiencing major unrest in the region. Joshua and their son, Luke, are a part of a group of local men rotating guard duty and trying to protect their area from the Zulu rampage. Delbert Henson, a brother-in-Christ, who is serving in the military, has developed some serious health
- Joe Lueras is being treated for prostate cancer.
- Diana Silva, Joe Lueras’ daughter, has been diagnosed with stage one breast cancer.
- Richard and Connie Ramirez are dealing with family issues and are requesting prayers on their behalf.
- Thomas, a student who attends the school where Brunel is a principal, underwent emergency surgery to remove infection on the top of his brain that resulted from a sinus infection. His hospital recovery is ahead of schedule and is asking when he can go back to school.
- Alana, Anthony and Amy Alvo’s neighbor, is struggling with colon cancer.
- Cece Sais is recovering from shingles on her face and is healing well.
- Stacy Rooney, Cece’s daughter, is recovering from COVD.
Mourning: Shirley, Vera Anthony’s daughter, passed away after a long battle with illness. Please pray for
Vera and her family. She will let us know when funeral arrangements are made.
New to our family: There was much rejoicing last Sunday as our now new Brother Jimmy Tiu was baptized
and Brother Robert Zhu rededicated his life and will be working with us here at Chino. Their contact
information will be posted in next week’s bulletin. WELCOME BROTHERS!
ONGOING PRAYERS FOR…
OUR SENIORS: Lee Dacus, Joe/Lupe Lueras, Ken McCutcheon, Mildred Hamilton, Bob Alvord, Earlene Abraham, Vera Anthony, John/Leota Jackson, Jean Williams, Jerry/Carol Thompson, Fred/Barbara Bailey and Charlene Osborne.
OUR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN
MILITARY: Ed Vales’ granddaughter’s husband, (AJ Jones), is at Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Tacoma, WA, Damon Aragon’s nephew, and Xander Armas, USMC San Diego
OUR SHEPHERDS: Corey, Gene, and Reuben. Those works that the congregation supports: The children of Orphan’s Lifeline, City of Children and Agape Village, the 3 preacher training schools, the congregations supported in the Philippines, and In Search of The Lord’s Way television program.
09/02 Corey Cole
09/04 Ed Vales
09/07 Kari Lloyd
09/08 Mikel DuBenion
09/08 Pat Robertson
09/09 John Morris
09/12 Andrew Mann
09/12 Jonal Schissler
9/23 Francis Pink
Works we support…
City of Hope, (Orphanage in Mexico), Orphan’s Lifeline International (Orphans in Russia and Africa),
Agape Village, (Children’s Home).
James Lloyd, (local evangelist), Bear Valley Bible Institute, Sunset International Bible Institute, Southwest
School of Bible Studies, (preaching training schools).
In the Philippines: PAYATAS IN METRO MANILA, BICOL REGION AND BAGUIO
Television Program Support
IN SEARCH OF THE LORD’S WAY, (nationwide gospel tv program)
Read Through the Bible in 2021! Here is the reading schedule for 9/19 – 10/11.
The reading schedule is chronological and is taken from:
19 Ezekiel 28-30
20 Ezekiel 31-33
21 Ezekiel 34-36
22 Ezekiel 37-39
23 Ezekiel 40-42
24 Ezekiel 43-45
25 Ezekiel 46-48
27 Daniel 4-6
28 Daniel 7-9
29 Daniel 10-12
30 Esther 1-3
1 Esther 4-7
2 Esther 8-10
3 Ezra 1-4
4 Haggai 1-2;
5 Zechariah 3-6
6 Zechariah 7-10
7 Zechariah 11-14
8 Ezra 5-7
9 Ezra 8-10
10 Nehemiah 1-3
11 Nehemiah 4-6