Save the dates…
- August 20…3rd Saturday Community Outreach at the Ruben S. Ayala Park. Volunteers are needed to help with our community outreach efforts on the 3rd Saturday of every month from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. There will be a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board in the foyer allowing people to choose which time works best for them. You can team up with other members or make it a family project.
- August 21…Fellowship following evening worship service. Refreshments will be provided.
- August 23…The Lunch Bunch (NEW RESTAURANT), will be meeting at Casa Sanchez located at 2264 S. Mountain Ave., Ontario, at 11:30 AM. Hope YOU can join us!
LORD HEAR OUR PRAYER
…but prayer was being made earnestly to God for him by the church. Acts 12:5
- Gaby Bailey-Juarez, please pray that Gaby’s new liver and kidney will continue to function fully.
- Vince Ellingsen, former member at Chino who now resides in Kalispell, MT. Vince is struggling with knee issues and is mourning the loss of his wife, Dodie.
- Randy Proffitt, Danny and Cindy’s nephew, Randy recently found out that another tumor was found on the brain. He is no longer a candidate for surgery, but he is undergoing chemo. We do appreciate prayers for his physical wellbeing, but more importantly, please pray for his spiritual wellbeing.
- Glenn McCoy, former Elder at the State College congregation, is in a nursing care facility and is struggling.
- Janice McCoy, Glenn’s wife, has undergone cancer surgery and is now receiving chemotherapy.
- Mildred Hamilton is struggling with health issues and has recently had a couple of falls. Phone calls are welcome and she can have visitors, but you need to make an appointment with Oakmont where she resides.
- Joe Lueras has completed his treatments for prostate cancer. Her is currently awaiting for the results from the treatments.
- Richard and Connie Ramirez, Connie’s mom, Luz, continues to decline and prayers for her comfort have been requested. Also, please pray for Richard’s health.
- Alana, Anthony and Amy Alvo’s neighbor, is struggling with colon cancer.
- Ted Allan, Johnnie Duane’s brother, has been diagnosed with MDS Fribrosis/Leukemia. Ted was admitted to the hospital lo prepare for bone marrow transplant surgery. Sadly, there was a setback and his surgery has been delayed due to the donor falling ill. His son, Danny Allan, was found to be a “half match”, (which is Stanford’s protocol to go with the related half match). Still much preparation to undergo and Ted is facing heavy chemo to prepare for surgery. If you would like to send a card, here is his address is: 1994 Augusta Ct., Merced, CA 95340.
- Vera Anthony, is struggling with family issues. She recently lost a daughter and is now facing the serious illness of her other daughter.
- Ed Backer, Cindy Proffitt’s brother, is having issues with low white blood cell count and has been diagnosed with a bone marrow disease.
- Allie Alvo, has been struggling with headaches.
- Leo Juarez, brother of Raquel Vales, struggling with mental and physical issues.
- The Callejo family, Rey is in the Philippines with their daughter, Daphne Sophia. Rey and Mary are currently dealing with immigration to get their daughter to the United States. Daphne has been dealing with depression, however, she is doing better.
- Joy Callejo, Rey’s sister who lives in the Philippines, Joy has been hospitalized with advanced stage cancer.
- Carol Thompson, is recuperating from eye surgery.
- Dana Walker, awaiting back surgery.
- Jenna Lacuata, Reuben and Roma’s granddaughter, will be receiving an injection of Platelet Rich Plasma for her
ACL in lieu of surgery.
Volunteers are needed to help with our community outreach efforts on the 3rd Saturday of every month. There will be a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board in the foyer allowing people to choose which time works best for them. You can team up with other members or make it a family project.
ONGOING PRAYERS FOR…
OUR SENIORS: Lee Dacus, Joe/Lupe Lueras, Ken McCutcheon, Mildred Hamilton, Bob Alvord, Earlene Abraham, Vera Anthony, Leota Jackson, Jean Williams, Jerry/Carol Thompson, Barbara Bailey and Charlene Osborne.
OUR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN
MILITARY: Ed Vales’ granddaughter’s husband, (AJ Jones), is at Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Tacoma, WA, Damon Aragon’s nephew, and Xander Armas, USMC San Diego
OUR SHEPHERDS: Corey, Gene, and Reuben.
Those works that the congregation supports:
Benevolent Support: City of Children (Orphanage in Mexico), Orphan’s Lifeline International (Orphans in 9 different countries), and Agape Village (Children’s Home).
PREACHER TRAINING SCHOOLS: Bear Valley Bible Institute, Sunset International Bible Institute, and Southwest School of Bible Studies.
CONGREGATIONS SUPPORTED: Palates In Metro Manila, Bicol Region, and Baguio. (These congregations are located in the Philippines).
TELEVISION PROGRAM: In Search Of The Lord’s Way, (a nationwide gospel program).
08/08 Raquel Vales
08/09 Abby Alvo
08/12 Sandra Nott
08/13 Tony Casolari
08/20 Jamie Bracht
08/21 Gabriela Bailey-Juarez
08/21 Robert Zhu
08/22 Wendy Hernandez
08/22 Jeanette Arevalo
08/24 Mystique Merilus
08/26 Johnnie Duane
08/28 Bob Mellard
Read Through the Bible in 2022! Here is the reading
schedule for 8/14–9/5/22
The reading schedule is chronological and is taken from:
14 Isaiah 22-24
15 Jeremiah 33-36
16 Jeremiah 37-39
17 Jeremiah 40-42
18 Jeremiah 43-46
19 Jeremiah 47-49
20 Jeremiah 50-52
21 Lamentations 1-5
22 1 Chronicles 1-3
23 1 Chronicles 4-6
24 1 Chronicles 7-9
25 1 Chronicles 10-13
26 1 Chronicles 14-16
27 1 Chronicles 17-19
28 1 Chronicles 20-23
29 1 Chronicles 24-26
30 1 Chronicles 27-29
31 2 Chronicles 1-3
1 2 Chronicles 4-6
2 2 Chronicles 7-9
3 2 Chronicles 10-13
4 2 Chronicles 14-16
5 2 Chronicles 17-19