From the Elders:
Sunday morning Bible Classes have resumed with worship following at 10:30am. We are studying 1 & 2 Timothy, Titus & Philemon. Workbooks are available.
Based on the recent guidelines for COIVD and the restrictions for places of worship, our service will now be conducted indoors.
9:30am – 10:15am: Adult Bible Study
9:30am – 10:15am: Children Bible Classes
10:30am – 11:30am: Sunday Worship
(Our Sunday night worship and Wednesday night Bible study have been cancelled until further notice.)
Save the dates…
- July 27, 2021: the Lunch Bunch will be gathering at Los Portales located at 10244 Central Ave., Montclair, at 11:30 AM. Los Portales is in the same parking lot as the Pancakes R Us restaurant. We had a total of 10 people who enjoyed the last luncheon fellowship and hope YOU can join us in July!
- August 1, 2021: Congregational meeting with the elders at 4 PM to brainstorm ideas regarding outreach to the community.
- Aug 8, 2021: Second Sunday Singing at the home of the Lacuata starting at 5:00 pm. Please bring a dish to share and plan on enjoying a wonderful evening of fellowship with our spiritual family!!
- Aug 22, 2021: Our 5th Sunday Potluck has been moved to 8/22. This will be a special gathering in honor of Dale and Linda Riech who are moving to Tennessee!
- Aug 24, 2021: The Lunch Bunch will be gathering at Los Portales located at 10244 Central Ave., Montclair, at 11:30 AM. Los Portales is in the same parking lot as the Pancakes R Us restaurant. We had a total of 14 people who enjoyed the last luncheon fellowship and hope YOU can join us in August!
- October 22-24, 2021: The Oakhurst (Yosemite) Ladies Retreat will resume this year. More info to follow!
TRAVELING…Gene and Anne Rupel are in Germany visiting their daughter, Rachel Castleberg, and her family. There has been flooding in Northern Europe. Thankfully, the Rupels and Castlebergs are safe thus far! Also, Bob and Nancy Mellard are in Oregon. PLEASE PRAY FOR SAFE, TROUBLE FREE TRAVELS!!!
THANKS…Karen Burton would like to thank everyone for their prayers concerning her mother, Shirley Burton. She is doing well now!
LORD HEAR OUR PRAYER
…but prayer was being made earnestly to God for him by the church. Acts 12:5
- Gaby Bailey-Juarez: Over the last month, Gaby contracted another infection from the new liver itself, which is very common in transplants. She is being treated and is making improvements but due to new medications, her skin graft surgery has been delayed to sometime at the beginning of September. She is resting & recovering in the hotel room in AZ. She has been in a lot of daily pain. Please keep her in your prayers. God bless.
- Leota and John Jackson, Leota fell and broke her hip and John is struggling with cancer. John is residing at Villa Mesa Care Center in Upland and Leota is residing at Montclair Royale in Montclair.
- Vince and Dodie Ellingson, who were former members at Chino and now reside in Kalispell, Montana. Dodie is in a memory care facility and has fallen twice and has a broken pelvis.
- Bob Alvord is dealing with health issues.
- Darrel Nott has been diagnosed with prostate cancer and is undergoing treatment.
- Randy Proffitt, Danny Proffitt’s nephew. The tumor in Randy’s spine has grown causing tremendous pain and it was determined that he should immediately undergo radiation, (which he did this past week), and he will be starting chemo.
- Glenn McCoy, former Elder at the State College congregation is in a nursing care facility and is struggling.
- Tom Brown, (Bob Mellard’s brother-in-law who lives in Little Rock, Arkansas). He is suffering from seizures and is recovering at home.
- Mildred Hamilton, is struggling with health issues. Phone calls are welcome and she can have visitors, but you need to make an appointment with Oakmont where she resides.
- Charlene Osborne, struggling with health issues.
- Jonal Schissler-is recuperating from surgery on her Achilles tendon.
- Dave Board, ORPHAN’S LIFELINE CEO AND CO-FOUNDER- Dave has been diagnosed with a form of lymphoma and is currently undergoing treatment in Kalispell, MT. Prayers have been requested for Dave, his family and Orphan’s Lifeline in this difficult time. Cards and other forms of encouragement can be mailed to: P.O. Box 1100, Kalispell, MT. 59903.
- Nichole Tatum-Deja Brunel’s Dental Hygienist -Nichole has been diagnosed with breast cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy.
- Richard Ramirez-is having health issues. He has shown some improvement, but it is a slow process.
- Don Ruhl – Don is the preacher at Grants Pass, Oregon. He is a good friend of Steve Lloyd. Don has Covid 19. He was in the hospital but is now isolating at home. His covid 19 has been complicated due to the fact that several years ago he had a Kidney transplant. He tires quickly which has been overwhelming for him.
- John Clement – Anne Rupel’s brother- having difficulties after a surgery. Anne has asked for prayers for John, his family and his doctors.
- Aida Rodas – Wendy Hernandez’s aunt- Aida is recuperating from open heart surgery.
- Cesar – Connie Ramirez’s brother- Cesar underwent open heart surgery. Richard and Connie have requested prayers that he will reach out to God for salvation and for a full recovery.
- Gilbert Sifuentes – Isabella & Anthony’s Dad- Was hit by a car and was hospitalized with a broken leg.
- Abby Alvo: She broke her fibula and dislocated her ankle.
- Linda and Joshua Ankiah are missionaries to South Africa. They have two children, Leah and Luke and they are experiencing major unrest in the region. Joshua and their son, Luke, are a part of a group of local men rotating guard duty and trying to protect their area from the Zulu rampage.
ONGOING PRAYERS FOR…
OUR SENIORS: Lee Dacus, Joe/Lupe Lueras, Ken McCutcheon, Mildred Hamilton, Bob Alvord, Earlene Abraham,
Vera Anthony, John/Leota Jackson, Jean Williams, and Jerry/Carol Thompson.
OUR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN
MILITARY: Ed Vales’ granddaughter’s husband, (AJ Jones), is at Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Tacoma, WA, Damon
Aragon’s nephew, and Xander Armas, USMC San Diego
OUR SHEPHERDS: Corey, Gene, and Reuben
Those works that the congregation supports: The children of Orphan’s Lifeline, City of Children and Agape Village, the 3 preacher training schools, the congregations supported in the Philippines, and In Search of The Lord’s Way television program.
07/10 Nicolas Weakland
07/12 Joseph Schissler
07/15 Gene Rupel
07/15 Damon Aragon
07/23 Essiet Waggoner
07/24 Reuben Lacuata
07/28 Madeline Casolari
Works we support…
City of Hope, (Orphanage in Mexico), Orphan’s Lifeline International (Orphans in Russia and Africa),
Agape Village, (Children’s Home).
James Lloyd, (local evangelist), Bear Valley Bible Institute, Sunset International Bible Institute, Southwest
School of Bible Studies, (preaching training schools).
In the Philippines: PAYATAS IN METRO MANILA, BICOL REGION AND BAGUIO
Television Program Support
IN SEARCH OF THE LORD’S WAY, (nationwide gospel tv program)
Read Through the Bible in 2021! Here is the reading schedule for 7/4 – 7/28.
The reading schedule is chronological and is taken from:
4 Hosea 8-10
5 Hosea 11-14
6 2 Kings 18-19
7 Isaiah 1-3
8 Isaiah 4-6
9 Isaiah 7-9
10 Isaiah 10-12
11 Isaiah 13-15
12 Isaiah 16-18
13 Isaiah 19-21
14 Isaiah 22-24
15 Isaiah 25-27
16 Isaiah 28-30
17 Isaiah 31-33
18 Isaiah 34-36
19 Isaiah 37-39
20 Isaiah 40-42
21 Isaiah 43-45
22 Isaiah 46-48
23 Isaiah 49-51
24 Isaiah 52-54
25 Isaiah 55-57
26 Isaiah 58-60
27 Isaiah 61-63
28 Isaiah 64-66